If you’ve been trying to increase your website engagement—such as improving your website, digging into your analytics, and running targeted marketing—but still aren’t achieving your goals around conversion, it might be time to consider a chatbot.
If the word chatbot sends you into a cold sweat, fear not. Read on for details about what exactly a chatbot is, the benefits of using one, the best chatbots for real estate agent websites, and how to pick the right chatbot for your business.
Find It Fast
What is a real estate chatbot?
You’ve probably seen or interacted with a chatbot, even if you didn’t know that’s what it was. According to Harvard Business Review, chatbots have become increasingly sophisticated in recent years, with most being able to read and understand a wide variety of questions and respond accordingly.
Simply put, a chatbot is a computer program that communicates with users through an online chat. There are a wide range of chatbots, from AI-powered programs that can carry out full, natural-sounding conversations to simple multiple-choice systems. Since chatbots are available 24/7, prospective clients who find your website are able to get an answer to their questions at any time of the day or night.
Chatbots typically have a click-through rate between 15 to 60 percent. With the possibility of engaging that many website visitors by simply implementing a software program, it’s worth exploring the possibility of adding a chatbot.
How can real estate chatbots help you grow your business?
There are many benefits to adding a real estate chatbot to your website, including:
People like quick answers—but even the most responsive real estate agents don’t have time to respond to every question that they receive right away. The best real estate chatbots help resolve this issue, providing potential clients with immediate responses and making them feel heard. And they buy you time so you can reply to warm leads as soon as you are able.
Your chatbot doesn’t have to follow one single script. Instead, many chatbots allow you to personalize the journey, from the first greeting to the questions and answers that are presented. This control over a chatbot’s tone and content ensures the communication on your website always stays on-brand and true to you.
With chatbots, users can quickly get the information they’re looking for by simply answering a few quick, targeted questions. This is important because online attention spans are fleeting—think about how often you’ve abandoned a website because a page took too long to load or you couldn’t easily find the information you were seeking. If you’re saving your website visitors even just half a minute of searching, you’re already adding value to their experience, establishing trust, and becoming memorable.
With a chatbot, you’re able to gather a lot of information about what site visitors are interested in and looking for. They can even pre-qualify your leads for you. Because chatbots often collect contact details, you’re able to follow up with these leads with more targeted, personalized communication.
In addition to the value you’re providing to your website visitors, chatbots also help you gather data that you can use in your business and marketing plans moving forward. Depending on your chatbot program, you might be able to identify the percentage of people who want to book a meeting, who want to browse your listings, or who simply came to peruse your blog.
Paired with your website analytics, these insights can help you understand any changes you might want to make to your website and identify gaps in your messaging or marketing. Put another way, a chatbot is an additional way for you to better listen to the needs and questions of your leads, so you can address them and provide an even better experience.
How to choose a real estate chatbot platform
To find the best real estate chatbot for your business, consider the following:
- What do I want the chatbot to do? Consider what functions you want your chatbot to perform on your website. What sort of questions should it ask? How much do I want to customize the communication style? How “human” do I want it to sound?
- Where can I integrate the chatbot? Do you want to incorporate your chatbot into your social media, your website, or both?
Asking yourself these questions will help you narrow down the options when you’re deciding which real estate chatbot to go with.
The 16 best chatbots for real estate professionals
ManyChat is a social media chatbot that automates interactive conversations in Instagram Direct Messages, Facebook Messenger, and SMS. It’s a popular choice for real estate agents who are just getting started with chatbots or who mainly use social media to engage with leads.
- Automated conversations through Facebook, Instagram, and SMS
- One of the most-used chatbots in real estate
- Designed to quickly build and automate interactive conversations with leads
- No coding experience needed
- Can be combined with SMS and email for a seamless customer experience
- Easily integrates with other marketing tools like Mailchimp and Shopify
- Free video courses and case studies
- Alerts and notifications when an automation fails
- Designed primarily for social media, which can be limiting
- Many campaigns are designed for one-way communication
- Limited customer support
Considered to be one of the best real estate chatbot products, Tidio offers chatbots, customizable chat widgets, and integrations for website platforms including WordPress and Shopify. This versatility makes it a good choice for many real estate businesses. Tidio is fully customizable, so it can match the look and feel of your website, creating a consistent, on-brand experience for your leads.
- The platform provides detailed analytics and reporting
- Easy to install and set up
- Four price tiers to choose from
- 21 pre-built chatbot themes
- Attentive live chat feature
- Easy access through mobile devices
- Many templates to choose from
- Affordable pricing
- Limited integrations compared to other chat software
- Supports only a handful of languages
- Some users have reported slower-than-average response times
Designed for those who are new to real estate chatbots, Collect.chat is straightforward and simple to use. There are multiple plans available for purchase and it’s easy to view the data from customer interactions.
- Optimized to be mobile-friendly
- Offers a free option so you see if Collect.chat is right for you
- Drag-and-drop builder feature to build your perfect funnel
- Meeting booking tool to easily connect with interested leads
- Adaptable communication style
- Easy to set up
- Integrates with WhatsApp
- Several templates to choose from
- Basic subscription levels offer limited customization options
- No live chat option at the lower price tier levels
- Some users report that it’s complicated to integrate with email
MobileMonkey is designed for real estate agents who are always on the go and love interacting with clients on social media. It’s widely considered to be the best real estate chatbot for Facebook and Instagram marketing, with no code needed. With a free plan and opportunities for analytics exploration, MobileMonkey is a solid choice for anyone looking to better understand their prospective clients.
- Live chat integration
- Ability to identify anonymous website visitors by email
- Dedicated customer service team
- Ability to quickly send mass messages to leads via text
- Robust automation capabilities
- Patented OmniChat technology, which allows you to automate communication on numerous messaging apps
- Single inbox option for all incoming communication from leads
- Templates for specific businesses and industries, including real estate
- Lack of integration with most e-commerce websites
- Works on keyword recognition only
- No WhatsApp integration
Tars is a chatbot builder that’s ideal for seasoned real estate professionals who want to create customized live chat experiences. With dozens of bespoke features, Tars helps to continuously improve your KPIs and test unique chatbot conversation workflows.
- Over 1000 chatbot templates to choose from
- Simple drag-and-drop editor
- Learning resource videos available on the Tars website
- Industry-specific template and funnel suggestions
- Trusted by many large global brands
- Dedicated customer care team
- Rich analytics so you can learn what works and what doesn’t
- Limited applications for social media
- Expensive pricing structure
- Can be confusing for those new to the world of chatbots
A low-code AI chatbot solution, Engati is one of the most widely-used chatbots in the real estate industry. In many ways, Engati acts as a virtual agent, connecting you with potential buyers and sellers, as well as other real estate agents. Many agents who work with rentals use Engati to qualify prospects and collect contact details.
- SMS integration to send text messages
- Ability to build chatbots for 16 different channels, including WhatsApp and Instagram
- Responsive customer care team
- Ability to schedule property viewings
- Live chat that can answer complex questions from prospects
- No coding experience required
- Dashboard that allows you to export collected data
- Variety of chatbot conversational styles
- Higher-priced than many other options
- Personalized consultation is required to receive pricing
- Some users have reported difficulty integrating Engati with some platforms
Designed for the real estate industry, ReadyChat is a chatbot-adjacent service that helps you monitor behavior from prospects and find the perfect time to engage. It provides 24/7 live chat support from a dedicated team of official ReadyChat operators who will handle the early stages of client communication on your behalf, making it a great choice for busy real estate professionals.
- Chatbot that lets you know when to engage with leads
- 24/7 live chat staffed
- Pay-per-lead structure
- Opportunities to consult with marketing experts
- No coding experience required
- Easy to use and design—they’ll even handle the design for you
- Advice from customer service professionals on how to improve your listings
- Focused on the real estate market
- Case studies and free resources
- May be considered a third-party service rather than a pure software solution
- Not integration-focused
- Not strictly a chatbot and more of a widget
Remember Ask Jeeves, the question-answering e-business that rose to prominence in the 90s? Real estate-focused Structurely has its own version in the form of Aisa Holmes, a bot that builds rapport with leads and develops a personalized client experience. The company provides lead qualification and chatbot services that follow up with leads over the course of a year.
- Seamless chatbot→human handoff
- CRM integrations and mobile app
- Text and live chat features
- Ability to integrate with Zillow
- The platform is built strictly for real estate
- Leads are turned into appointments on your calendar
- Ability to access insights and analytics
- Scripts, templates, and other resources available online
- Limited social media app integration
- Fewer features than some other platforms
- Some agents may find the lead-generation process impersonal
WP-Chatbot for Messenger offers easy setup, along with one-click installation for WordPress. With a single inbox for all incoming messages and a wide variety of templates, WP-Chatbot for Messenger is a good choice for anyone who already uses WordPress for their business website.
- 100% integration with your Facebook Business Page and Facebook Messenger
- 24/7 live chat
- Ability to share marketing messages and answer FAQs
- Templates so you can create custom chatbots
- Custom greeting messages
- Supports multiple languages
- Easy to install and use
- Stores complete chat history
- Requires Facebook Messenger to use
- Limited features compared to other chatbots
Roof.ai is another one of the best chatbots for real estate professionals specifically. It integrates with your website to provide customer service, collect leads, and provide you with more sales opportunities. Roof.ai helps you deliver a personalized experience through omnichannel support and smart chatbots.
- Solutions for many aspects of real estate, including mortgages and customer care
- Refined marketing automation tools
- Behavioral tracking, which allows you to get a deeper understanding of customer behavior
- Integrations for CRMs
- Integrates with your agent roster and MLS to learn more about your unique business
- Smart chatbots answer commonly-asked questions
- Ability to receive leads directly into your CRM
- Chatbot remembers visitor info without requiring a password
- No bespoke features
- Requires a personalized consultation to get accurate pricing
- Limited customization options compared to other similar products
Made specifically for the real estate industry, Askavenue is a bot-to-human product that has risen in prominence over the past year. It provides chatbot-assisted lead qualification and routing and is designed to help you capture actionable leads and chat from anywhere.
- Saved messages allow for faster replies
- Smart tags and reminders so you can better manage your schedule
- Integrates with your existing website and CRM
- Chat transcripts
- Real-time notifications on mobile
- Reporting dashboard so you can easily view analytics
- Automated greeting messages
- Property information at a glance
- Limited number of integrations
- Requires human interaction, versus other platforms that have fully automated their processes
- Price-per-conversion pricing model
A no-code chatbot builder for real estate agents, Landbot is an intuitive platform that boasts the ability to build a custom chatbot in under 30 minutes. Landbot offers a full library of templates for realtors to take advantage of, along with WhatsApp automation features.
- Ability to connect to your property management system
- “Out of the box” chatbots available
- Customer engagement and support resources
- Connects to your existing applications using Webhooks and APIs
- Easy to use, with no coding experience required
- Affordable pricing structure
- Chatbots can be used on independent landing pages
- Offers recommendations for templates best suited to your business model
- Not ideal for designing complex chatbot logic
- Designed primarily for online lead generation
- Limited online integrations
Easy to install and use even for those with no prior chatbot experience, Chatra.io isn’t built specifically for the real estate industry but is used by many agents. The product offers intriguing features, including saved replies and real-time visitor lists, so you can always see who has visited your website and who might be interested in your services.
- Multilingual chat widget
- Agent group chat abilities
- Integration with Facebook Messenger and Instagram
- Targeted messages and triggers
- Typing insights and proactive chat invitations
- Google Analytics integration
- Simple pricing structure
- Developer API and Zapier integration
- Limited admin tools
- Limited automation tools
- The platform isn’t built well for real estate teams, and better serves single agents
A complete solution for building chatbots, Flow XO is a no-coding-required program that allows agents to get started with a free account. One of the benefits of Flow XO is the ability to chat with leads across multiple platforms, from your personal website to social media pages. With Flow XO, you can accept payments, answer simple questions, and capture lead information.
- “Virtual welcome mat” to guide visitors through your site
- Has a personality, allowing your chatbot to joke with leads
- Extensive help and resources section for those new to chatbots
- Lead capture tools
- Easy-to-use interface
- Ability to build chatbot widgets for your personal website
- Free account to get started
- Multilingual chatbot
- Somewhat restrictive workflows
- A bot is largely responsible for all visitor site interactions
- Not designed for use with social platforms like Instagram
Drift provides conversational marketing that can give you an edge. One of the best real estate chatbots of 2023, Drift features strong lead generation tools and sales software solutions. The chatbot is pre-trained and grows smarter with use.
- Options for automated messaging
- Many tools to choose from
- Wealth of online resources
- Marketing and sales automation for realtors
- Easy to use
- No coding required
- Ability to store and revisit visitor data
- Easily integrates with other marketing and business systems
- No support for messaging apps like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp
- Not often used with email marketing or Instagram
- Some users have reported bugs
Chat in real-time and engage your customers with Olark, a real estate chatbot that prioritizes customer experience and data collection. Olark is a live chat plugin that works with marketing automation tools like WordPress, Salesforce, and Slack. There are many different integrations available, making it a top choice for real estate agents who have a lot of irons in the fire.
- Very customizable
- Team management tools and chat transfer capability
- Real-time reporting for more accurate data collection
- Auto greeter for a better visitor experience
- Easy to use with no coding experience required
- Searchable live chat feature
- In-depth analytics so you can better understand who’s visiting your site
- Ability to pay exclusively for the features you need each month
- Limited automation features
- The chatbot itself isn’t “smart,” so interactions will be rather limited
Attract more business and convert more leads with Luxury Presence
Real estate chatbots are a big part of increasing conversions and growing your business online—but they’re just one part. To explore more expert marketing solutions that can help you increase your visibility, convert more leads, and build your brand, schedule a free demo and strategy call with our team now.