Multiple magazine-worthy photographs. Polished and succinct content. Relevant hashtags, professional headshots, and to-the-point bios. These are a few of the elements included in today’s best real estate Instagram accounts.
With inspiration gleaned from the following accounts, real estate agents can upgrade or create their Instagram page in ways that reap results. From strictly professional accounts to those that blend business and personal life, continue on to discover the best of the best real estate accounts on Instagram.
Stunning photographs and listings transform the curious into clientele. A neatly organized bio provides helpful information, builds confidence in potential clients, and highlights the agent’s accomplishments. Followers also enjoy well-written content that is descriptive yet not overly wordy. The agent also includes all of his contact information at the end of each post.
- Create an informational bio that also highlights your accomplishments
- Write content that is easy to read
- Include contact information with each listing
2. Chad Carroll
This account’s luxury listings and corresponding photographs look like they are straight out of a high-end magazine. The content fluctuates between strictly professional, listing-related verbiage to a bit more informal (yet still concise) wording. Listing status is clarified at the beginning of each post, from just listed to sold.
- Writing about business does not have to be strictly formal—consider adding the occasional casual post for a warmer yet still professional vibe
- Include the status of each listing in an easy-to-spot place
While many real estate accounts solely feature thumbnails of a property’s exterior, this agent switched things up a bit by mixing in images of interiors. The beauty of a highlighted room draws in followers, captivating their imagination and turning browsers into homebuyers. “Coming Soon” posts get followers excited and pique the interest of would-be buyers. IGTV videos also provide a refreshing and exciting way to view properties.
- Consider including thumbnails of your listings’ interior as well as exteriors
- Capture the attention of potential buyers sooner with “Coming Soon” posts
- Provide exclusive walkthroughs through IGTV videos
The Wall Street Journal’s real estate account combines exquisite photography with polished writing and reporting. Posts include real estate news stories that tug at followers’ emotions, from feel-good content to stories of intrigue. Followers will also find exclusive listings, as well as homes that have recently sold. Each post includes the same thoughtfully crafted content that people have come to expect from the Wall Street Journal.
- Sprinkle in newsy content about homes that have recently sold, are on the market, or act as a backdrop for interesting local stories
The Oppenheim Group does a great job transforming a social media platform into a working vessel for the homebuying journey. Thumbnails include “Just Listed” or “Just Sold”, making the account look like a real estate website. The agency also posts press releases to keep followers abreast of the latest developments.
- Include the listing status on the thumbnail of each post
- Post press releases to keep your followers informed
This agent’s account goes beyond real estate to include interior design. Alicia Drake’s knowledge of various luxury appliance brands, designers, and architects, in addition to real estate, speaks to her multifaceted expertise.
- Showcase your knowledge of other aspects of real estate, from interior design to architecture, financing, and education
Professional images and a modern, consistent typeface make this Instagram account high-end. Each post includes important listing information and quality content that’s descriptive but not excessive. Testimonies from happy clients are also featured here and there amongst the listings.
- Add text over thumbnail images to highlight important features or topics
- Ensure any text is in a consistent, easy-to-read font
- Include success stories and other testimonies from happy clients
Warm and inviting with a focus on the team, the Dawn McKenna Group’s Instagram page appeals to the masses. The listings feature professional photography, well-written content, and just enough pictures to convince a buyer to schedule a showing to see more. The account also engages the agency with the follower with content that sparks a conversation.
- Show your followers how much your team means to you by posting about them and their happiness and success
- Consider posting just enough pictures to create intrigue and make a potential buyer schedule a showing to see more
- For a friendly and warm vibe, post content that sparks a conversation with your followers—and engage with them!
A posh bio that states what the agency does leaves no room for surprises. Well-written and concise content combined with stunning photography, proper use of hashtags, and occasional press releases make this account ultra-luxurious and professional.
- Establish authority and a sense of luxury through posh verbiage in your bio
- Avoid possible confusion in followers by spelling out exactly what your agency does and intends to do in the bio
10. Tomer Fridman
Breathtaking photographs invite inspired followers and prospective homebuyers to view each listing and continue browsing for more. Organized and to-the-point content is simple and enjoyable to read, showcasing vital information about each listing.
- Publish content that is well organized and features pertinent listing information
- Let your professional photographer get creative when it comes to capturing your listing. Consider aerial views or images from uncommon perspectives
11. The Elmes Group
Warm and inviting images, content, and subjects give this luxury real estate account a unique edge. Peppered amongst high-end listings are helpful, educational, and inspirational posts, as well as agent profiles. Followers and clientele learn something new every day in addition to viewing high-end homes for sale.
- Consider educating your followers with occasional informational posts
- Go beyond the surface of real estate listings and dive into related topics, from how-tos to best-ofs
12. Madison Malibu
With a clever switch in focus, this Instagram account is all about the agent’s personal branding. Followers enjoy the agent for who he is and support him in his realtor journey. Madison connects with his followers by asking questions to start conversations, posting inspirational content with professional-looking selfies and writing about showings in a way that feels conversational.
- Switch the focus from listings to yourself as an agent for a more personal and relatable feel
- Connect with your followers by starting and contributing to conversations
- Try personalizing the way you write about showings
An artsy headshot and a blend of professional and personal photos make this account entertaining to follow. The quality of the personal photographs makes the agent seem like a model and also allows the agent’s lightheartedness and sense of humor to shine through. This account is truly a blend of high luxury and fun.
- Stage photos of yourself to highlight what makes you, you—from your sense of humor to your elegance
14. Ryan Serhant
Ryan Serhant does a fabulous job expressing himself as a person, engaging with his audience, and showing devotion to his community—all while sharing listings as a professional real estate agent. The content posted starts conversations and makes followers feel as if he’s talking directly to them, especially when he says, “I can’t wait to tell you.” This agent has also done a great job tactfully taking advantage of his popular public image and participating in paid advertising.
- If you want to portray yourself as a public figure, try drafting content in a way that makes your followers feel included in your life
- Take advantage of paid advertising opportunities
15. The Josh Altman
Alternating between luxury listings and adorable kids, Josh Altman’s Instagram account is one that’s both personable and professional. Followers are kept on their toes by enjoying a mix of gorgeous images and captivating IGTV videos.
- Provide a mix of different types of content to keep your followers engaged
This account does an excellent job blending professional and personal content in a way that feels sophisticated. Listings are portrayed with high-end photographs as well as short and concise content, creating a simple yet luxurious feel. Personal posts as well as photographs involving the agent are classy and often relevant to real estate.
- Posts that include a listing’s bare essentials contribute to a luxurious feel
- Sophisticated personal photographs create a sense of friendliness without sacrificing professionalism
Professional photography, proper hashtag use, and to-the-point content about each listing make this account easily discoverable and enjoyable to follow.
- The correct use of hashtags make your Instagram page easier for followers (and clientele) to find
- To-the-point content creates a simple, stress-free reading experience
This agent’s personality shines through from the moment Instagrammers land on his account. Coming at real estate from a fun and personal angle, Phillip Owen Salem does a phenomenal job mixing personal life with professional luxury. Photographs feature a blend of magazine-worthy self-portraits and real estate listings.
- Let your warmth, creativity, and big personality reign without sacrificing professionalism. Simply post professional-quality photographs that capture your essence, and ensure that your content is well-written
19. Sharon Gill
Featuring content that is written from the agent to her followers, this Instagram account is warm, inviting, and full of personality. Real estate posts are broken up to include success stories, client experience videos, and engaging content that sparks conversation.
- Consider a new way of writing content by addressing your followers directly
- Keep followers engaged by posting different types of content, such as client experience videos and inspirational photos that spark conversation
Looking to grow your Instagram following? Click here to see how we can help.