Real estate videography is a game-changer in an industry where visual content is key. Immersive virtual tours, high-quality still photography, and aerial drone visuals have revolutionized the way prospective buyers experience properties. And, in a highly competitive market, staying relevant as a real estate agent necessitates adapting to the latest marketing tools and industry strategies.
In this guide, we’ll walk through the captivating world of real estate videography, shedding light on its significance and sharing valuable tips to elevate your skills. From video fundamentals to advanced techniques, we’ll unveil the power of this cutting-edge real estate marketing strategy.
What is real estate videography?
Real estate videography is a rapidly evolving field that focuses on capturing a property’s essence and features through video content in a way that transcends the traditional static imagery that has been the standard to date.
There are generally two types of people who create this type of content: real estate videographers specializing in property marketing and tech-savvy real estate agents who have honed their skills in video production.
The importance of real estate videography in today’s digital age cannot be overstated. It has become a pivotal marketing tool, offering a competitive advantage in a saturated market. In addition to offering potential buyers a more dynamic view of a property, video content helps generate higher engagement and expedites the selling process.
Real estate videography statistics
Video marketing has been a staple in the business world for quite some time. Countless studies have demonstrated the remarkable effectiveness of this content format, particularly in the real estate industry. Below, we’ve shared a few enlightening statistics that demonstrate the power of real estate videography:
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs, making it a powerful tool for real estate property marketing.
- 73% of homeowners prefer Realtors who use videos, suggesting that real estate videography can provide a competitive edge in listing generation.
- 85% of buyers and sellers want to work with an agent that uses real estate videos for marketing, indicating its importance in customer acquisition as a whole.
- 95% of a message is retained when watched in a video, compared to only 10% when read in text. This means that video can be a highly effective way of communicating with potential buyers.
- Marketers who use video receive 66% more relevant leads and 54% more brand awareness annually than those who don’t.
Real estate videography: do it yourself or hire a pro?
The decision between the DIY route and a real estate videographer should be guided by your budget, property type, and personal skills.
Choosing to do your own real estate videography can save money, and with the wide range of consumer-grade cameras and editing software available today, it’s more feasible than ever.
This option suits those with a tight budget or a knack for creativity. It also provides an excellent opportunity to add a personal touch, making your property stand out.
On the other hand, hiring a professional real estate videographer can give your content a polished, high-quality look that screams credibility. Professionals have the equipment, skills, and experience to capture the best angles and scenes, making your property appear more attractive. This option is ideal for luxury listings or real estate agents looking to elevate their brands.
Real estate videography must-have gear
Stepping up your marketing efforts requires high-quality video production equipment. Below is a comprehensive list of eight essential real estate videography tools to meet all your video production needs:
- Sony Alpha 7C: This camera offers stunning 4K video, making it the perfect choice for real estate videographers. Its high-resolution sensor and advanced image processing capabilities allow you to precisely capture every detail and bring your videos to life. Whether showcasing architectural features or highlighting the ambiance of a property, the Sony Alpha 7C delivers outstanding visual results.
- Neewer LED Light Kit: The versatile Neewer LED Light Kit is a fantastic lighting solution for any space. With adjustable brightness and color temperature, you can effortlessly customize your lighting to capture each room’s essence perfectly. Whether you want a warm, cozy ambiance or a bright and vibrant atmosphere, this LED light kit has you covered.
- LaCie Rugged Mini 2TB Hard Drive: Safely store and transport video files with the reliable LaCie Rugged Mini 2TB Hard Drive. Designed for real estate videographers or DIYers on the go, this hard drive offers fast file transfers and a robust, shock-resistant design to protect footage.
- Manfrotto 055 Tripod: Every agent needs a sturdy and reliable tripod. The Manfrotto 055 tripod is engineered to provide maximum stability and flexibility, enhancing the quality of your videos. Its robust build is designed for heavy-duty use, while its innovative center column mechanism allows for easy setup and quick switching between horizontal and vertical orientations.
- DJI Ronin-S Gimbal: The DJI Ronin-S is an impressive handheld stabilizer known for its stability, precision, and cinematic shots. Its advanced technology and innovative design ensure steady footage, even in motion, allowing you to create sophisticated interior videos effortlessly.
- DJI Mavic 3 Drone: The DJI Mavic 3 drone is designed to capture breathtaking aerial footage of properties, enhancing your real estate videography with a unique perspective. Featuring 4K video capabilities and advanced obstacle avoidance technology, this drone is integral for showcasing homes from above and their surrounding areas. Its flight time and distance capabilities also enable effortless coverage of large properties.
- Rode VideoMic Pro+: Capture crystal clear audio with excellent noise isolation using the top-tier Rode VideoMic Pro+. This professional-grade microphone records every detail and faithfully reduces ambient sounds. Whether recording the serene ambiance of a garden or the echoes of a spacious living room, the Rode VideoMic Pro+ ensures exceptional audio quality.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC: Adobe Premiere Pro CC is the industry-standard software for video editing. It provides extensive tools to enhance footage, create captivating visual effects, and produce professional-quality videos. Adobe’s intuitive interface and in-depth tutorials make it accessible for beginners, while its advanced features satisfy the needs of seasoned real estate videographers.
Remember, the right gear can significantly impact your video quality, helping you attract and engage potential buyers more effectively. We recommend investing in at least the basics above if you’re serious about real estate videography.
Real estate videography strategy must-dos
Harnessing the power of video marketing doesn’t have to be complicated. To help you get started, we’ve put together a basic video production strategy tailored specifically for real estate agents who are new to capturing videos:
Put quality first
Quality is king for high-end real estate videos, enhancing a property’s visual appeal. A high-quality video showcases the property in its best light while reflecting positively on the agent’s professionalism, influencing potential buyers’ perceptions.
In the luxury real estate market, where attention to detail is everything, a top-notch video establishes a premium image, attracting discerning clients and elevating the overall marketing strategy.
Meticulously outline the key features you want to highlight in the property. This could include spotlighting distinctive architectural details, high-quality finishes, or exceptional amenities. Time spent here will save you from making costly mistakes, so don’t rush.
Sell location and lifestyle
For real estate videographers, thinking beyond the property itself is crucial. Remember, the location is just as important as the property’s features. So, include details about the area in your videos, such as community amenities or accessibility to transportation. This gives viewers a clear understanding of the life they’ll be living if they purchase, rather than just focusing on the house.
Stage before shooting
A well-staged property can bring a space to life and help potential buyers visualize themselves living there. Consider professional staging to enhance the property’s overall appeal. By carefully curating the furniture and decor, you can create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere that resonates with potential buyers.
Light the scene
Lighting is crucial in elevating the quality of your video. When showcasing a property, ensure each room is well-lit to highlight its features and create an inviting environment. Proper illumination not only captures the essence of the property but also makes it more appealing to viewers.
Capture wide shots
Begin the property tour with sweeping wide shots that capture the feel and flow of the entire premises. These shots provide context and help potential buyers understand the layout and spatial relationships within and around the property. They also effectively highlight expansive features such as landscapes, architecture, and room connectivity, creating a more immersive and engaging viewing experience.
Create close-up shots
Once you have set the stage and provided the overall context, focus on the intricate details that make this property exceptional. Showcase close-ups of the unique features that set it apart, from luxurious fixtures to exquisite custom finishes, allowing each element to shine and make a lasting impression.
Spend time editing
This is where the magic happens in the real estate videography process. Use professional editing software to piece your shots together, add music, and incorporate graphics. Ensure that the final cut is smooth, coherent, and engaging.
Also, pay attention to the video’s pacing, transitions, and overall flow to create a captivating visual experience.
Tell a good story
Consider incorporating a voice-over or on-camera narration that walks viewers through the property. This can provide necessary context and highlight features that may not be apparent from the video alone. A well-crafted narration can bring the property to life, giving potential buyers valuable insights and a deeper understanding of its unique qualities.
Add background music
Enhance the video’s mood with carefully selected background music matching the desired tone and mood. Curate a collection of royalty-free music options that complement the visuals and evoke the right emotions. This will ensure a seamless viewing experience while avoiding copyright issues.
Keep videos short
For effective real estate videography, keep your videos short and captivating. Potential viewers engage more with concise videos that don’t demand too much time. Research shows that a two-minute video captures attention and generates engagement.
Add contact information
Ensure that your contact information is prominently displayed at the beginning and end of every video. Include all necessary details, such as your phone number, email address, and business logo. Additionally, consider adding a link to your “Contact Us” page to streamline the lead generation process.
Include forms and CTAs
To maximize the effectiveness of your videos, incorporate lead-capture forms or call-to-action links. This will allow you to effortlessly capture leads in real-time after conveying the value of your service.
Effectively share your video content
By effectively marketing your real estate videos, you increase your odds of capturing the attention of potential buyers and ultimately driving more inquiries and leads.
Post on YouTube
YouTube stands as the ultimate platform for real estate videographers. With Google as its parent company, it is the second-most widely used search engine globally. YouTube also acknowledges the inherent difficulty of producing videos compared to written content, giving it an advantage when determining web page rankings.
Optimize for search
Ensure your real estate videos are discovered by incorporating relevant keywords in the video title, description, and tags to enhance discoverability. Leverage geotags and location-based information to boost local search visibility, ensuring your videos reach a target audience interested in specific geographical areas and features.
For example, #CoastalProperties, #SanFranciscoRealEstate, “Luxurious Mid-Century Home in L.A. with City Views, $6,595,000.”
Leverage paid ads
To maximize the reach of your video content, consider allocating a dedicated budget for advertising. Repurpose your videos into compelling digital ads that resonate with your target audience. Begin by leveraging highly engaging platforms like Facebook Ads or Google Adwords to connect with potential clients.
7 real estate videos you can make to kickstart your content
You’ve got the basic gear and planned an effective strategy. But, what about the actual content? Getting started making videos can be hard if you don’t know which sort of content to begin with. Here are seven easy suggestions to kickstart your real estate videography journey.
- Property showcases: These virtual tours provide a comprehensive view of the property’s layout, design, and unique features. With high-quality visuals, including aerial shots and 360-degree views, this type of real estate videography allows viewers to experience the property firsthand, enhancing their understanding and appreciation of its value.
- Neighborhood tours: These captivating videos take potential buyers on a journey through the surrounding neighborhood, showcasing vibrant local amenities like parks, restaurants, and shopping centers. By highlighting the community’s charm, these tours help buyers envision the lifestyle they can expect, making the property even more enticing.
- Customer testimonials: Building trust is crucial. These authentic videos feature genuine testimonials from satisfied clients, sharing their positive experiences and expressing satisfaction with your exceptional service. Showcasing real-life success stories reassures potential clients, making them more likely to choose you as their trusted real estate partner.
- Real estate advice: Establish yourself as a knowledgeable source by sharing valuable tips and insights on property buying or selling. Covering topics such as market trends and negotiations, this type of real estate videography provides practical guidance to potential buyers and sellers, helping them make informed decisions.
- Property renovations: These videos showcase the transformative power of renovations, highlighting the journey from a dated property to a modern masterpiece. By showcasing before and after images and explaining the renovation process and design choices, potential clients will be impressed by your creative eye.
- Live Q&A sessions: Hosting interactive live video sessions to answer questions from potential clients demonstrates your expertise and commitment to providing exceptional service. These sessions allow viewers to seek personalized advice and gain valuable insights directly from you, establishing you as a trusted authority in the real estate industry.
- Agent/company profiles: Sharing more about yourself and your company establishes a meaningful connection with potential clients. These videos build familiarity and trust by highlighting achievements, expertise, and your passion for helping clients achieve their goals.
Real estate videography for luxury agents
When catering to the luxury market, the quality of your video content must reflect the high-end properties you represent. Investing in professional equipment or a real estate videographer can make a significant difference. High-definition cameras, drones for aerial shots, virtual tours, and advanced editing software can elevate your content, giving potential buyers a fully immersive view of the property.
Personalization also plays an essential role in the luxury market, making it a good idea to tailor your real estate videography to appeal to your audience’s tastes and preferences. Highlight features that resonate with luxury buyers, such as state-of-the-art kitchens, en suite bathrooms, expansive outdoor living spaces, or unique architectural details. Additionally, consider crafting niche content targeting specific buyer types, such as golf enthusiasts, wine connoisseurs, or families with small children.
Finally, leverage storytelling to make your videos more engaging. Each luxury property has a story – whether it’s the architectural brilliance, the historical significance, or the unparalleled views. Incorporating these elements into your videos adds an emotional appeal, enabling potential buyers to envision themselves in the space.
Common real estate videography pitfalls
In the competitive world of real estate, high-quality videography can set your listings apart. However, it’s important to be aware of common missteps. To help you do so, we listed a few real estate videography mistakes to keep in mind on your journey:
- Lack of planning: Without proper pre-shoot planning, important features may be overlooked, resulting in missed opportunities. Prepare a shot list in advance, specifying what needs to be captured by the videographer. Scout the location, identify key elements, and plan your shots accordingly.
- Poor lighting: Neglecting to properly light your scene can result in murky and unappealing real estate videography. To avoid this, strategically utilize both natural and artificial light sources. Consider the time of day and position your camera to capture the property’s best features with optimal lighting conditions.
- Lack of stabilization: Shaky footage can make your videos seem unprofessional. Fortunately, there are ways to improve stability. Using a tripod or a gimbal can significantly enhance the smoothness and professionalism of your shots. Invest in these tools to give your videos a polished and steady look.
- Ignoring audio quality: Poor audio can distract potential buyers from focusing on the property. To ensure high-quality audio, use a dedicated microphone for voice-overs and on-site recordings and minimize background noise by choosing a quiet location. Additionally, add soft background music to create a pleasant and immersive experience.
- Skipping post-production: While shooting is crucial as a real estate videographer, editing also plays a vital role in the final quality of your videos. Take the time to go through the footage and clean up any imperfections during post-production. This includes adjusting color, enhancing contrast, and ensuring smooth transitions. Pay attention to detail to elevate the overall quality of your footage.
Real estate videography frequently asked questions
Real estate videography continues to be a powerful tool that agents can leverage to showcase properties in an engaging and immersive way. However, several questions often arise regarding its application. Below, we’ve compiled a short list of answers to some of the most common asks:
How much does real estate videography cost?
The cost can vary significantly depending on the property’s size, the shoot’s complexity, the video’s desired length, and whether it is shot professionally. Obtaining quotes from several real estate videographers is always recommended to understand the costs involved.
How long does it take to produce a real estate video?
The production timeline for a video typically ranges from a few days to a few weeks. The duration depends on the complexity of the project and the amount of editing required. Factors such as scheduling, capturing the desired shots, and post-production tasks all contribute to the overall time frame.
How often should I post real estate videos?
We recommended posting a new video for every property listing to maintain an engaging presence and showcase your portfolio in real-time. Additionally, consider posting videos when significant changes are made to an active listing. Regularly updating your videos can keep potential buyers informed and interested in your offerings.
What should be included in a real estate video?
Compelling real estate videography should showcase key areas of the property, highlighting its unique selling points and surroundings. By capturing the essence of the property, potential buyers can better understand its features and visualize themselves in the space. Including shots of the interior, exterior, amenities, and special features adds depth and appeal.
How can I evaluate the effectiveness of my real estate videography?
Evaluating your video’s effectiveness is crucial to understanding your impact and ability to improve. Measure engagement through analytics tools tracking metrics such as view count, watch time, shares, and comments. High view counts, longer watch times, and positive feedback indicate a video’s effectiveness.
How should I film the property’s exterior?
Use ground-level and aerial shots. Ground-level shots capture exterior details like landscaping, features, and amenities. Aerial shots provide overhead views, giving potential buyers a comprehensive understanding of the location, amenities, and neighborhood.
How should I film the property’s interior?
Create an immersive real estate videography experience by smoothly transitioning between rooms and capturing the flow. Pay attention to lighting to highlight features and create a warm atmosphere. Choose angles that showcase architectural elements, design details, and desirable amenities to convey charm and appeal.
What visual effects can I use to enhance the videos?
With modern editing software, real estate videographers are spoiled for choice. You could use 3D animations to showcase the layout or highlight specific features. Text overlays can also provide important details such as dimensions or listing information. Ensure any effects complement the property and don’t overshadow the main focus.
What is the best time of day to film a property?
The best time for real estate videography is usually the “golden hours,” shortly after sunrise and before sunset. Natural light during these times casts a warm and inviting hue, creating a visually pleasing atmosphere. Timing may vary based on orientation, weather, and desired aesthetic. Assess unique characteristics and experiment with different times to find optimal lighting conditions that showcase the property.
Now that you know everything there is to know about real estate videography, what are your next steps? Luxury Presence would love to be your partner in taking this new strategy and applying it towards building the business you’ve always wanted.
Reach out to Luxury Presence today to learn how we can help you with your website, marketing, lead generation, and so much more.