With over 4 billion monthly active users across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, social media channels are a game-changing way for real estate agents to broaden their reach and connect with potential clients.
But to get the most out of it, you’ve gotta have the right approach. Here, we’re sharing some of the real estate social media strategies we’ve used to build several top brands in the luxury real estate space, along with advice about which platforms are right for your business.
Find It Fast
Why real estate social media marketing matters
Without a strong social media presence, you run the risk of missing out on major opportunities. Smart social media marketing strategies help you connect with your target market, establish yourself as an expert in the industry, expand your reach, and grow your real estate business. These are all keys to lasting success as an agent.
The top real estate social media tools
Let’s dive into some of the top social media platforms and how to use them to fuel the growth of your real estate business.
Facebook for realtors
Facebook is one of the most powerful marketing tools available, offering real estate agents an effective way to reach and meaningfully engage with potential clients.
With its enormous user base of over 2.9 billion active monthly users, Facebook’s targeted advertising platform allows you to pinpoint specific demographics, interests, and behaviors, making it easy to get your real estate business in front of the right people.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. These are some of the other opportunities you can capitalize on to turn Facebook into a revenue generator for your business:
- Showcasing properties: Create posts or albums, complete with photos, videos, and detailed descriptions.
- Engaging with prospects: Facebook’s commenting and messaging features make it easy for potential buyers or renters to reach out with questions or requests for more information.
- Building relationships with clients: By sharing helpful real estate tips, insights, and updates, you can build trust and rapport with potential clients, which can be beneficial for long-term relationships and referrals.
- Keeping up with industry trends: It’s easy to follow and engage with other real estate professionals, industry news sources, and professional organizations to stay up to date with the latest real estate trends and developments.
LinkedIn for realtors
LinkedIn offers real estate agents the opportunity to promote their real estate businesses and become market leaders in their area. With its powerful network of professionals and potential clients, LinkedIn can be a terrific resource for generating leads and connecting with key people in the real estate industry.
By optimizing your profile with relevant keywords, accurate descriptions, and engaging copy that speaks directly to your ideal clients, you can position yourself as an expert in your field and attract more prospects.
Investing in sponsored social media posts or ads on LinkedIn is also a proven real estate social media strategy that works to multiply your visibility and fast-track results.
Instagram for realtors
Generally speaking, we consider Instagram to be the best social platform for agents looking to reach new prospects, due to the way the algorithm distributes content.
With over one billion active users, it’s no surprise that top real estate agents rely on the visual platform to build relationships with customers and boost their businesses.
From creating stunning visuals that capture potential customers’ attention to connecting with influencers who have a following in your niche, there are several Instagram strategies you can add to your real estate social media plan to accelerate your growth.
For a glimpse at the power of Instagram, check out this article which details the strategy we used to scale a client’s following from 150 to 150,000.
TikTok for realtors
With its focus on video content, TikTok can help you reach more people and generate buzz around your listings. And because it’s less focused on people who already know you, it’s an ideal place to find brand new viewers and build your audience. Take it from Ryan Serhant, who used the platform to drive explosive growth for his real estate business.
For more specifics about how TikTok can work in your favor as a powerful marketing tool, check out The Complete Guide to TikTok for Real Estate Agents.
YouTube for realtors
Real estate agents looking to maximize their online presence should consider creating a YouTube channel as part of their real estate social media strategy.
With over 1.9 billion active monthly subscribers, YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world. 51% of home buyers use YouTube for their research and 73% of homeowners say they’d be more likely to list with a real estate agent who uses video.
As YouTube is owned by Google, creators who use the platform also enjoy major SEO advantages, allowing them to dominate search engine rankings without needing to rely on expensive pay-per-click ads.
Real estate social media marketing tactics
Social media isn’t just about posting content and hoping for the best. To get real results, you need to have a plan and be intentional in your approach. Here are some proven strategies used by industry leaders who’ve built impressive real estate businesses fueled by social media.
Professional photography is more than just beautiful pictures; it can help build trust with clients, increase engagement, and ultimately drive more sales. Luxury Presence client David Hatef’s Instagram account is a great example of the value of photography.
Success stories and client testimonials
One of the best ways to make your presence known on social media is by posting testimonials and success stories from past clients. Not only does this show potential buyers that you’re an experienced and successful agent, but it also humanizes you and provides social proof.
Posting company milestones on social media can be a useful way to build authority and trust. If you’re savvy, you can even turn this into a promotion. Here’s an impressive example from Ryan Serhant, another powerhouse Luxury Presence client.
Industry and market news
Posting industry and market news on social media shows that you stay informed, establishes you as an authority in your space, and helps build trust with your followers.
New listings and properties
Real estate social media provides the perfect platform to showcase your properties in an engaging way that will draw people’s attention. Ginger Martin does exactly that in her Instagram Stories—and it has paid off.
Home tips and renovation ideas
Sharing home tips and renovation ideas on your real estate social media account is another time-tested strategy to add to your social media content schedule to establish yourself as a reliable, helpful, and creative expert.
Real estate event coverage
Leveraging your involvement in industry events is also a smart practice on social media. Not only does it demonstrate your commitment and expertise, but it leaves a positive impression on prospects, too.
Dos and don’ts for mastering real estate social media
Now, let’s get into some best practices for real estate social media—and how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Be yourself: Agents often feel pressure to portray themselves in a certain light on social media—but being your authentic self is a much more effective way to resonate with current and potential clients.
- Educate buyers: Real estate social media marketing is an essential tool for connecting with and sharing information with buyers. By educating your audience, you position yourself as an expert and build relationships that increase sales.
- Post regularly: Regularly sharing valuable content that educates prospective clients about the industry and showcases your expertise will quickly build trust among your followers.
- Respond to comments: By responding quickly and kindly to comments, you show prospects and clients that you are engaged, timely, and on top of your game.
- Share contact details: Ensure that your contact info is clearly listed on all of your real estate social media profiles. If you make it hard for potential clients to contact you, they’re obviously less likely to reach out.
- Promote landing pages: Sharing your landing pages on social media is a proven way to drive more traffic to your website. This will not only increase visibility but can also generate leads and sales.
- Build your brand: Having a consistent presence across online channels gives you credibility, visibility, and reliability, which builds trust between you and potential clients.
- Forget about video: With the right strategy, real estate agents can use videos to engage with prospects, highlight properties, and showcase their expertise—all of which help you stand out from the competition.
- Assume everyone is a first-time buyer: Social media provides an opportunity for real estate agents to reach potential clients from all different backgrounds. If you’re not taking advantage of that, you’ll fall behind agents that do.
- Be self-centered: Excessively focusing on yourself will limit your success as a real estate professional by alienating current and prospective customers, damaging your reputation, and reducing engagement with followers.
- Ignore existing clients: Real estate social media is a powerful tool for connecting with current and past clients. If you want to make the most of it, make sure to engage with existing clients as well as prospects.
How to grow your social following as a real estate business
Promote your accounts
As simple as it may sound, agents often forget to include their real estate social media accounts on their website, marketing collateral, Google Business Profile, and other client-facing assets. Remember, the easier it is for prospects to contact you, the more leads you’ll get.
Keep your social accounts active
Simply creating a social media account for your real estate business is not enough. Stay active by consistently monitoring for comments and messages, as well as regularly posting content.
Let your personality shine through
With so much competition, how do you make sure your content is seen and appreciated? By building a brand that’s uniquely yours, you can create an online presence that will help you reach more clients and grow your business.
Hire real estate social media experts
With so many social media platforms and ever-changing algorithms, it’s easy to fall behind on your real estate social media strategy. That’s why hiring professionals to handle your social media is one of the best ways to ensure you get results without having to spend countless hours learning or managing campaigns yourself.
If this sounds like a good route for your brand, get started by connecting with our expert real estate social media team. They’re here to fast-track your progress and save you time so you can focus on other important aspects of your business.